Telephone 0115 944 0272 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Albion Castle Training
The training division of
Eagle Security Systems Ltd.
The purpose of this Award in Fire Safety Principles is to provide employers and employees with the relevant knowledge about
role of the fire warden
It also covers the action to be taken in the event of a fire. It is important for those who have specific responsibilities for fire safety but
would also increase fire safety awareness and skills for other employees.
On successful completion the candidate will be able to
Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
● Explain how fires are caused in the work place.
● Describe the components of the fire triangle.
● Identify the hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion.
● Describe the characteristics of fire and smoke spread.
FAQ Level 2 Award in Fire Safety Principles (QCF)
Albion Castle is the training arm of Eagle Security Systems Limited.
These are two of the businesses based in Galtee House Heanor Road Ilkeston in Derbyshire.
Together these two companies can supply all your Safety and Security needs.
Install and Maintain
Can deliver training courses on
For your First Aid needs we can supply.
Emergency Room equipment.
Also in Galtee House we have BioKi Limited who can advise and supply you with a range of Herbal Food Supplements.
We have Awen Gifts who will supply you exiting gifts and all you need for dowsing and water divining.
Eagle Security Systems have been preserving and protecting life and property in the East Midlands since 1983.
On the Security Side as well as Burglar alarms we install Access Control and CCTV (Closed Circuit Television).
We install Fire Alarms we can supply and Service your Fire Extinguishers and Emergency Lights.
We have our own in house training facilities and can offer training courses for First Aid including First Aid at Work. We can offer basic Health and Safety Training and we can bring our Fire Extinguisher Training Trailer to your premises so your staff can get hands on practice with putting out real Fires.
We supply a range of First Aid Equipment everything from a Plaster to a PAD (Public Access Defibrillator). We are approved suppliers of the Heartsine and CardiAid AED (Automatic External Defibrillator), and are happy to give a free no obligation demonstration to individuals, groups or firms anywhere in the Nottingham and Derby Area.
We operate throughout Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and the East Midlands. We cater for homes, businesses, councils, government departments and the police.
We offer a reliable and efficient, quality service.
We can offer Service Contracts where your alarms, extinguishers, emergency lights, PAT testing etc are all covered by one Direct Debit. We even will check your first aid box.
We are approved by NSI Nacoss Gold, Niceic, Trusted Trader, ADSA (Automatic Door Installers Association, Trustmark and the FSA (Fire and Security Association)
We are members of the FPA (Fire Protection Association), NDCC (Nottinghams and Derby Chamber of Commerce) and the FSB (Federation of Small Businesses).
Understand the principles and practice of fire safety management at work
● Outline the duties of employers and employees with respect to fire safety in the
● Outline how to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace.
● Describe the stages involved in a fire risk assessment.
State the role of fire wardens in the workplace.
● On a day to day basis.
● During an emergency.
● Outline the content of a fire safety briefing.
1 day course Tuesday 22nd November 2016
Galtee House Ilkeston
£100 a Vat
Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace.
● State the different methods used to identify and control fire hazards.
● Outline typical components for means of escape from fire hazards.
● Describe methods of fire detection and raising the alarm.
● Describe the principle of how fires are extinguished.
● Describe how portable fire fighting equipment should be used safely.